Family Based Immigration

Phoenix Family-Based Immigration Lawyer 

Empathetic Legal Support from an Immigrant Attorney

Are you looking to apply for a family-based immigrant visa? The process can feel overwhelming or confusing when you are trying to navigate it alone. Let an experienced attorney who has personally gone through the immigration process help you apply for your relatives to join you. Family-based immigration provides an opportunity for individuals who are residents or citizens of a specific country to sponsor their immediate family members, including spouses, parents, children, and siblings, to relocate and reside with them in their adopted country. Nevertheless, the immigration process can be demanding, encompassing numerous legal prerequisites and documentation.

Essien Law Firm is an immigration law firm run by an immigrant for immigrants. We will work vigorously on your case to find a solution for your immigration issue and reunite your family in the United States.

If you need help applying for a family-based immigrant visa, contact Essien Immigration Law for a Phoenix citizenship lawyer at 602-833-2650.

Schedule a free initial consultation with Essien Law Firm to get started today. Advocating for immigrants in Maricopa County and across Arizona.

Family Immigration Visas

The purpose of family-based immigration is to aid the reunification of temporarily divided families. So, under the federal immigration laws, United States citizens (USC) or Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) who are 21 years or older can petition for family members abroad to come to the United States. US citizens and LPR petitioners residing in the US should file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). From there, it is up to the USCIS to approve the case before you can proceed.

There are two categories of family-based immigrant visas (IVs):

  • Immediate relative – visas for close family members of US citizens, such as a spouse, child, or parent
  • Family preference – visas for specific, more distant family members of a US citizen of LPR

Immigrant visas for immediate relatives are not limited each fiscal year, while family preference immigrant visas do have a numerical limit of how many can be issued each year. 

Contact us today for a consultation at (602) 833-2650 or via message and let the lawyer who was once an immigrant fight for you.

Five Preferences for Family-Based Immigration

The preference categories for family-based immigration are:

  1. Unmarried sons and daughters of US citizens.
  2. Relatives of green card holders (child or spouse).
  3. Unmarried sons or daughters of green card holders.
  4. Married sons or daughters of a US citizen.
  5. Brothers or sisters of a US citizen.

US citizens can apply for visas for any of the above relatives (spouses, children, parents, or siblings), while LPRs can only file an immigrant visa petition for their spouse or unmarried children younger than 21 years old.

Navigating the complexities of family-based immigration law can be challenging and time-consuming. It is highly recommended to consult with our experienced family-based immigration lawyer who can provide guidance, assess eligibility, assist with document preparation, and represent clients throughout the immigration process. Our Phoenix family-based immigration lawyer will be a crucial help in ensuring that your family can successfully reunite and establish a new life in this country.

  • 24/7 Availability
  • Unique Perspective
  • Hardworking
  • Relatable
Hear From Our Clients

    Immigration is very complicated and you need an intelligent attorney to represent you, Lelia is that attorney.

    - Phillis M.

    I have used multiple attorneys in the past and Lelia has proven to exceed my expectations, she was completely understanding, professional and worked very diligently to the end and I’m so grateful!

    - Walter S.

    I have to admit that I was really impressed by the way she handle the case to bring it to a successful outcome in a very short period of time.

    - Elie Z.

    We are grateful to you Lelia Adams for your efforts you made since the very beginning of my husband Aloysius Davis Immigration process from South Korea

    - Alice D.

    Her knowledge of the laws when it comes to immigration is impeccable.

    - Timothy W.

Fiancé Visas

Visas for someone engaged to a US citizen or LPR are handled under a different nonimmigrant visa category known as the “fiancé visa.” If you are interested in bringing your fiancé to the US, you can file a Fiancé Petition and then apply for a visa with the US consulate in your fiancé’s home country. You must then marry within 90 days of your fiancé coming to the US and file a Petition and Application for a permanent visa together.

Essien Law Firm can provide more specific information about your family-based visa petition, whether you intend to sponsor your spouse or another relative. Our firm is led by an attorney who is an immigrant herself and has had to personally go through the litigation process for her mother. As a result, you can trust that we have your best interests in mind and can empathize with your situation.

Let an immigrant lawyer help you file a petition for your family member to join you in the US. Contact Essien Law Firm to get started in a free consultation.

Contact Us
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.