Phoenix Family-Based Immigration Lawyer
Empathetic Legal Support from an Immigrant Attorney
Are you looking to apply for a family-based immigrant visa? The process can feel overwhelming or confusing when you are trying to navigate it alone. Let an experienced attorney who has personally gone through the immigration process help you apply for your relatives to join you. Family-based immigration provides an opportunity for individuals who are residents or citizens of a specific country to sponsor their immediate family members, including spouses, parents, children, and siblings, to relocate and reside with them in their adopted country. Nevertheless, the immigration process can be demanding, encompassing numerous legal prerequisites and documentation.
Essien Law Firm is an immigration law firm run by an immigrant for immigrants. We will work vigorously on your case to find a solution for your immigration issue and reunite your family in the United States.
Family Immigration Visas
The purpose of family-based immigration is to aid the reunification of temporarily divided families. So, under the federal immigration laws, United States citizens (USC) or Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) who are 21 years or older can petition for family members abroad to come to the United States. US citizens and LPR petitioners residing in the US should file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). From there, it is up to the USCIS to approve the case before you can proceed.
There are two categories of family-based immigrant visas (IVs):
- Immediate relative – visas for close family members of US citizens, such as a spouse, child, or parent
- Family preference – visas for specific, more distant family members of a US citizen of LPR
Immigrant visas for immediate relatives are not limited each fiscal year, while family preference immigrant visas do have a numerical limit of how many can be issued each year.
The preference categories for family-based immigration are:
- Unmarried sons and daughters of US citizens.
- Relatives of green card holders (child or spouse).
- Unmarried sons or daughters of green card holders.
- Married sons or daughters of a US citizen.
- Brothers or sisters of a US citizen.
US citizens can apply for visas for any of the above relatives (spouses, children, parents, or siblings), while LPRs can only file an immigrant visa petition for their spouse or unmarried children younger than 21 years old.
Navigating the complexities of family-based immigration law can be challenging and time-consuming. It is highly recommended to consult with our experienced family-based immigration lawyer who can provide guidance, assess eligibility, assist with document preparation, and represent clients throughout the immigration process. Our Phoenix family-based immigration lawyer will be a crucial help in ensuring that your family can successfully reunite and establish a new life in this country.
How Long Does it Typically Take For a Family-Based Immigration Petition to be Processed in Phoenix?
The processing time for a family-based immigration petition in Phoenix, Arizona can vary depending on various factors and workload. However, based on the information gathered from various sources, here is an estimate of the processing times:
- Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) filed by a U.S. citizen sponsor: The average processing time is around 12 months.
- Family-based adjustment applications (Form I-485) filed in Phoenix: The processing time can be around 14.5 months for family-based adjustment applications.
- Family-based green card application in Arizona: On average, it takes around 7 to 33 months for a family-based green card application to be processed in Arizona.
It's important to note that these estimates are subject to change and individual circumstances can affect processing times. It is recommended to consult with our Phoenix family based immigration attorney for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding processing times for family-based immigration petitions in Phoenix.
Our Phoenix Family Immigration Services:
- Family-Based Petitions: Our experienced Phoenix family lawyers assist in filing family-based immigrant petitions, helping bring family members to the United States.
- Adjustment of Status: We guide clients through the adjustment of status process, helping family members already in the U.S. to become lawful permanent residents.
- Consular Processing: For family members residing outside the U.S., we facilitate the consular processing of immigrant visas to ensure a smooth entry process.
- Fiancé(e) Visas: If you are engaged to a U.S. citizen, our legal team can assist in obtaining K-1 visas for your fiancé(e) to join you in the United States.
- Conditional Residence Removal: We provide support in removing conditions on residence for those who obtained a green card through marriage.
Why Choose Essien Immigration Law:
- Expertise: Our Phoenix family immigration attorneys specialize in immigration law, ensuring a deep understanding of the nuances involved in bringing families together.
- Client-Centric Approach: We prioritize personalized attention, tailoring our services to meet the unique needs of each client and their family.
- Comprehensive Guidance: From initial consultations to the finalization of immigration processes, we provide comprehensive guidance every step of the way.
- Ethical and Transparent: We uphold the highest ethical standards, maintaining transparency and clear communication throughout the legal process.
Contact Our Phoenix Family Immigration Lawyer
If you are in need of dedicated family immigration lawyers in Phoenix, Essien Immigration Law is ready to assist you. Schedule a consultation with our team to discuss your family immigration goals and let us help you navigate the path to family unity.
Immigration is very complicated and you need an intelligent attorney to represent you, Lelia is that attorney.- Phillis M.
I have used multiple attorneys in the past and Lelia has proven to exceed my expectations, she was completely understanding, professional and worked very diligently to the end and I’m so grateful!- Walter S.
I have to admit that I was really impressed by the way she handle the case to bring it to a successful outcome in a very short period of time.- Elie Z.
We are grateful to you Lelia Adams for your efforts you made since the very beginning of my husband Aloysius Davis Immigration process from South Korea- Alice D.
Her knowledge of the laws when it comes to immigration is impeccable.- Timothy W.
Visas for someone engaged to a US citizen or LPR are handled under a different nonimmigrant visa category known as the “fiancé visa.” If you are interested in bringing your fiancé to the US, you can file a Fiancé Petition and then apply for a visa with the US consulate in your fiancé’s home country. You must then marry within 90 days of your fiancé coming to the US and file a Petition and Application for a permanent visa together.
Essien Law Firm can provide more specific information about your family-based visa petition, whether you intend to sponsor your spouse or another relative. Our firm is led by an attorney who is an immigrant herself and has had to personally go through the litigation process for her mother. As a result, you can trust that we have your best interests in mind and can empathize with your situation.
Let an immigrant lawyer help you file a petition for your family member to join you in the US. Contact Essien Law Firm to get started in a free consultation.